Jun 23, 2009

Right and Easy Are Rarely The Same Thing A 5 Part Series

The right thing and the easy thing are rarely the same. This is a truism that transcends subject, gender, economics, or culture. Life is funny that way. There is an opportunity cost to everything that we do. Despite the persistent search for the elusive �win/win� solution and despite the prolific claims of corporation executives that they deliver the �win/win� solution, the typical solution is either �I win/you don�t and can�t do anything about it,� �I win/ you don�t do so bad� or �nobody gets anything really good.� Consider the Constitution of the United States, World War II, the shift from 1 parent working to 2 parents working outside the home in the average household and �paper or plastic� in this five part series.

Before we begin, I should make a disclosure. I have an aunt that has said that if a mountain appeared in the middle of my path, I will always choose the more difficult choice to climb the mountain instead of the easier path of simply going around. I can see why she would think that about me. It isn�t true but it is a reasonable and frequently arrived at conclusion by those that don�t reside in my head with my thoughts like I do. I like easy as much as anybody, maybe more. I live by a code; not �the code� like Eest Hemingway but a code that I made up myself.

Now, my code isn�t anything weird and off the wall. I don�t start each day licking a frog. It is a series of rules that pretty much everyone agrees on but many people find colorful and creative ways to provide caveats that create a list of exceptions a mile long. It�s not that I am not flexible. I just require a compelling reason to revisit the code. It makes it a lot easier for me to make decisions because I have rules. I compare any given scenario to the rules and the necessary action reveals itself. I have told you this about myself so that you know that I am aware of how improbable what I am about to suggest really is. I want you to know that as improbable as it is, I suggest it all the same because I believe it. And, although I don�t always make the right choice; I don�t just talk about it. I have spent a lot of time paying the price for living it.

Dawn Worthy - EzineArticles Expert Author

Dawn Worthy, owner of Fresh From the Farm, offers a complete line of biodegradable, vegan friendly, organic botanical soap. What is in the soap is good. What isn't in the soap is better. There are no artificial ingredients. There are no manufacturing, coloring or fragrance additives. It's simple, Aunt Ann's Garden Soap is naturally good. We invite you to see for yourself at http://www.FreshFromtheFarm.Us

No comments:

Post a Comment