Sep 12, 2011

3 Wayne Dyer Inspirational Quotes - A Personal Look

Wayne Dyer is an internationally renowned author and speaker in the field of self-help.And even though not everyone is a fan of his self-help and spiritual teachings it is hard to fault some of the inspirational quotes that are attributed to him.So I thought I'd take a close look at three Wayne Dyer quotes - three famous inspirational life quotes - and share my understanding of what the quotes mean to me and my life, and thus what they may also mean to you and yours.The following Wayne Dyer inspirational quotes are related, and reflect the true power of what changing your attitude can have on your life.Let's begin...WAYNE DYER FAMOUS INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE #1"Did you ever notice how difficult it is to argue with someone who is not obsessed with being right?"It's funny, really, because I've never, ever, thought of myself as being obsessed with being right - with being righteous! Ugh, who wants to be righteous! How boring and tedious to have to be right all the time. I bet you're in agreement with me, too. (Am I right?)The fact is, though, when I remember back to my 'argumentative days' (in my 20s) I was often criticised for 'having to be right' all the time. Of course I rejected these criticisms. They were false - wrong! - and I never wanted to be right all the time. Ever.Except I can never, actually remember any time when I was happy being wrong either.Being "wrong", if you try to think about it, is actually unthinkable, it really is.You literally cannot think that you might be wrong, that your world-view needs changing. Your whole life is constructed about being right. (How could it not be!)So when you look at Wayne Dyer's quotation, now, you see that, really, it is incredibly difficult to argue with someone who *isn't* attached to being right, it really is. And the main reason for this is that you're arguing with no less than someone's identify of themselves.Conversely, when you're not wrapped up in defending yourself, I guess the truth has a much better chance of shining through too.WAYNE DYER INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE #2"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."Ah, this is a much simpler situation to comprehend I think, but it stems from inhabiting a different viewpoint, as in the case of the first Wayne Dyer quote.The beauty of this quotation is that it reveals a fundamental truth of how our lives - how *my* life - is experienced, namely: the observer of life (let's call that person me, for example) is far from being an impartial recorder of events; instead, I am actually an interpreter of events only.So the 'reality' of life is that 'what happens' is 'what happens'.And our trouble lies in the fact that we mistake 'what we *think* of what happens' as 'what happens'.And that's where Wayne Dyers inspirational quote becomes so powerful, so transformational.We can change what we think about what happens any time we choose. And when we do...WAYNE DYER INSPIRATIONAL LIFE QUOTE #3"Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you."Hmm, this makes me think of the word 'flow', and in particular of the tree swaying in the wind. Imagine if that tree was AGAINST swaying, do you think it would weaken at some point, maybe even break? But when the tree is FOR flowing with the wind, it will survive even the wildest of blasts.So we must go with the flow, even if we are 'forced' to go in directions we'd rather not. Embrace change, embrace 'what is now', and see where it takes us.Resistance really is futile, really is weakening.And the opposite of weakening is... empowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment