Jul 17, 2009

Passionate Living

You are not alone, many people long to change their current status, myself included. My friend, you are entitled to want the freedom to pursue and live out your deepest dreams. So, what is stopping or should I say hindering you from attaining the desire of your heart? Could it be that you lack the will to go after what has already been preordained by God before the foundation of the world? Maybe you allow fear and intimidation to cause you to come to a complete halt on the road to destiny and purposeful fulfillment. What about discouragement wrought in your spirit because of countless disappointments? I�m quite sure you have had at least one person in your life to try and convince you to put away your true desires. The opinions of family, friends or naysayers become ashes in the flames of passion. When you passionately pursue the will of God for your life, every form of opposition will stand up and take notice that you mean business. I didn�t step on this stage called life just for a vain show.

After the curtains of destiny close I will have made a significant impact for the Kingdom of God! In order to overcome these roadblocks you must allow a buing passion to consume your very being! There are some days when I feel quite at ease with the life that I am living, and all of a sudden destiny will began to provoke and shake me off my seat of comfortability to pursue the promises of God. Ultimately, we should be pursuing the breadth, width, depth and height of His love for us.

All excuses as to why you can�t accomplish your dreams must be removed from your mind. It takes discipline of thought to continually focus on conquering the goal set before you. You need to see everything else as a distraction or temporary obstacle capable of being removed by the power of God�s eteal word. If God be for you, who or what dare stand against you? Our greatest example of being totally committed to the will of the Father is found in our big brother Jesus. It is written according to Hebrews 12:2 that we should model the very same champion mindset he carried throughout his time on earth. �Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.�

One of my closest friends once asked me a question that often helps me during times of adversity. �Can you reign with him?� So I ask you the same questions. �Can you decree increase in the face of lack? Can you decree victory in the face of defeat? Can you decree healing when attacked by the spirit of infirmity? Can you decree joy in your soul when the spirit of heaviness is chasing you like a bandit?� Until you can, these things will constantly trip you up in the process of dream development.

In this early stage of my existence on earth, I have discovered four mindsets during the process of dream development. Phase one: I want to be a (fill in the blank) Phase two: I will be a (fill in the blank)Phase three: I work to be a (fill in the blank) Phase four: I am a (fill in the blank). It is important that you find out where you are in your own jouey towards greatness. The possibilities are infinite when you trust in the Lord with all of your heart, your mind and your soul. When you can see my friends, then you shall be! Live your life passionately F.O.C.U.S.E.D. (Future Oriented Chain-breaking Unstoppable Soldier Excelling Daily) If you have enjoyed this devotion you will love my newest book �Follow Your Dreams�. Available for purchase online at www.kristiekennedy.com.

Kristie Kennedy, is a Self-published poet and author, Independent Gospel Recording songwriter/artist, Motivational Speaker, Business Consultant,Barbizon Modeling Instructor, Entreprenuer and inspiring woman of Persevering Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment