Jul 16, 2009

Opening to the World of Possibility

Opening up to a world of unlimited possibility demands that I stand in responsibility for the choices that I make. This begins with the realization that I, not the mind, am the author of my life.

My mind is a stimulus response mechanism. Therefore it does not actually think, it concludes. When I unconsciously behave out of my recurring thoughts I am no longer thinking, I am reacting.

I think, and the mind records it as a thought, a particle of information.

The minds purpose is to assure my survival and the survival of whatever I consider myself to be at any given moment.

It records my present experience and by means of association with past information, it responds with a conclusion. It can only work within the limits of the information it has.

If you look the other way when I am talking to you my mind may interpret that to mean that you are not hearing me, invalidating me, disinterested, antagonistic, or any myriad of meanings that are brought about through association due to past information, therefore reinforcing its own prior conclusions. In this sense the mind is trapped in its own beliefs.

Simply said, when I look out into the world my mind interprets the information to mean something and the purpose of its conclusions is to always uphold and defend my survival.

The mind operates within a structure of survival and resistance tapes. It draws to it what it concludes I need in order to survive and resists what it concludes is a threat to my survival.

If my mind concludes that I am unacceptable yet also concludes that I need acceptance in order to survive, a problem occurs. If I agree with these conclusions I spend my time seeking acceptance and resisting it at the same time. The effect of this behavior is the essence of pain and unfulfilled desire.

To get outside of this scenario I must cultivate the ability to challenge the minds beliefs by remembering that it has no choice and therefore is bound within the information it has and the conclusions that have developed into beliefs.

It is designed to do this. It is not the minds fault.

Pure Being is Source. A Source is a point of origin. Nothing comes before it. It is Cause and Creator, also known as Spirit, and Self.

Choice is a quality of Pure Being. In order to create, the Creator must have a choice as to what will be created.

Choice is a function of Responsibility. Therefore responsibility abides with Source, the Creator.

Pure Being, Cause, Spirit, Source, Self, is all inclusive. There is nothing outside of it. It is not limited, has no boundaries and therefore is immeasurable. It is a no thing. Yet all things occur in it.

An effect is not a source. The mind is an effect and therefore is not a cause.

An effect is caused by Source for a purpose. The mind was created for the purpose of retaining information. It has boundaries and therefore is measurable, if not it could not hold thoughts. It is a thing.

The conceiver (me) is always greater than its conception (mind and its content).

A conception has no choice other than to be the thing conceived.

I Am not my mind, I Am not my thoughts, and I Am not my feelings or any of the minds content. I simply have a mind, I have thoughts, I have feelings and I have past experiences.

I am greater than these. I Am a Pure Being. I Am a Source, a Cause, and a Self.

So are you.

This realization is an awakening, a shift from an unconscious way of being to a conscious and responsible life.

The challenge is to daily, hourly, consistently remind myself that I Am not my mind and that I have freedom of choice to create beyond what the mind knows.

Permission: to give formal consent, to allow, to permit or to authorize.

Today I give myself permission to �Tell the Truth�.

I can do this by asking my Self if the information the mind is proposing, or the thoughts I am thinking, or the story the mind is concluding via interpretation is the absolute truth.

The information in my mind may not always be true. Conclusions are not necessarily the truth.

Feelings are the natural occurrence of the thoughts that foster them. I feel my thoughts, however just because I feel a thought does not mean it is true.

Most often we let our thoughts and feelings dictate our behavior without asking if it is the truth.

I, not my mind, am responsible for the behavior I demonstrate.

The thoughts, feelings, or stories, are not responsible because they do not have freedom of choice. I Am responsible. I chose to agree with them an acted accordingly.

Cultivating the ability to step back and consider whether or not I choose to agree with the minds current conclusions, at any moment, enhances my ability to communicate and behave responsibly.

The freedom to choose not to agree with the minds conclusion is disciplined denial.

Happiness is a function of accepting what is.

By stating the facts only regarding what is happening in present time, with nothing added on and no interpretation or fantasy, I allow everything to be just as it is.


Today I give myself permission to �Go for Results�

I can do this by being willing and eager to function outside of my minds need to be right.

Having to be right keeps the mind from going for a result beyond what it already knows.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting new results is one definition of insanity.

The mind is functioning within its limited belief system and cannot be absolutely certain of what another is thinking or feeling. It also does not absolutely know what the next moment might bring.

The mind however, pretends it knows and can become painstakingly reasonable about it when its perceived authority is threatened.

Reasons, justifications and excuses are the content within the mind and therefore do not have choice.

When the mind becomes stuck in being right it cannot, on its own, experience the freedom of allowing any new possibility to occur outside of what it already knows.

I have choice and therefore I Am responsible, not my mind, for agreeing with the minds reasons, justifications and excuses for not going for a new and original result. Therefore I am responsible for staying stuck.

Ask yourself �Do I want to be right, or do I want new, fresh, and novel results?�

Having to be right also fosters anger, arrogance and hatred. Ask yourself �Do I want to be right, or do I want to be happy?�

Life becomes repetitious and stagnant when I give up my authority over the mind. By allowing my past to determine my present moment and also my future I suppress and dominate the possibility of miracles, spontaneity, discovery, and breakthroughs.


Today I give myself permission to �Maintain My Freedom of Choice�

The new information, goal, objective or result I create can be experienced as an infringement by the mind and it can become annoyed and frustrated. After all it often feels more comfortable being right than it does in opening up to something new.

Including something new can sometimes feel confusing.

The tendency at this stage is to attempt to avoid responsibility and stay stuck in the mind.

Here it is essential that I maintain my freedom to choose over the minds conclusions and the corresponding feelings.

To accomplish this it is essential to include the disciplined denial that is needed in order to tell the truth, and the willingness to imagine a result beyond what the mind insists on being right about.

By incorporating these three simple principles; Telling the Truth, Going for Results, and Maintaining My Freedom Of Choice, I can manage the authority problem and remain open to my potential and a world of new possibilities.

These principles are a few of the distinctions delivered and experienced in The Liberty Experience Training.

Knowing them intellectually is the booby prize. Experiencing and demonstrating them is the gift and creates expanded consciousness.

Come join us and open up to a universe of unlimited possibilities and actualize your potential.

Have Fun!
Blissings,
Matt

Matt Garrigan is a motivational speaker, the founder of LifeForce Educational Corporation and the creator of The Liberty Experience Training, The Mastery Course and the Awakened Potential Course. Matt has been a pioneer in the human potential movement since 1980. His exceptional goal oriented coaching techniques, expanded consciousness training, awareness counseling, integrity coaching and spiritual guidance have assisted thousands of individuals in transforming the quality of their lives. As a motivational speaker Matt�s ability to uniquely integrate many different philosophies and practices, combined with his steadfast commitment to empower people, makes his work a potent, life enhancing experience that sheds light on new possibilities in communication, relationship, prosperity and enlightenment.

You may reprint this article in your newsletter as long as appears exactly as printed above including the links.

� Matt Garrigan � http://www.mattgarrigan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment