Jul 11, 2009

The Real Secret to Staying Young

In a society where the focus is constantly on youthfulness, we search continuously for ways to remain young, yet for the most part, whatever lotions, potions or surgery we choose, staying young cannot be found in a bottle. It can in fact be found, but we seem to be looking in the wrong place. In fact, like almost everything else, the answer can usually be found within.

Not long ago, while having dinner with a group of friends, a question was posed as to whether there could be a genuine secret to staying young. Since most of the world is always on the lookout for the fountain of youth, it was an interesting and thought provoking conversation. Each person in attendance had their own unique views about the aging process and although each valid and interesting, I had a different opinion.

When it was my tu to share, I confidently stated, "In my opinion, staying young means finding and expressing your passion. The mystery, if there is any to staying young, could be attributed to tapping into the creative aspect of ourselves. Regardless of age, creativity doesn't have a number!"

My group of dinner companions of course asked me how I had come up with this notion and to elaborate. Although I had absolutely no real proof other than my own experience and that of a few of my friends, I told them that I had been observing those who seem to get younger and those who seem to age. One speaks about retirement early on, while the other is always on the lookout for something exiting to include in their every day lives. In fact the one with a thirst for the new stays vital and alive for a long, long time, while the other just seems to get older.

To bring my point home more clearly, I had done some writing for a friend and in retu he gifted me with a web site. At first, I was filled with apprehension and fear as to whether I could get a grasp on the Inteet experience, but instead of running away, I chose to look it squarely in the eye and say 'yes' to the Inteet. Although that may not seem like a very monumental endeavor, tackling a challenge such as the Inteet for a person in their 50�s was quite a feat.

As a result of my willingness to take on the challenge, today I write for people around the world and am a featured author on many well-recognized online publications. To have tapped into such an amazing part of both the world and myself brings me more pleasure and fulfillment than words can ever express and has certainly done wonders regarding my youthful appearance. Had I not been willing to conquer what seemed beyond my grasp, I would have missed out on some of the most spectacular experiences imaginable. To my way of thinking, vitality and productiveness cannot be measured by age but only gauged by actions and attitudes.

In concluding, the mysterious component that seems to elude most individuals regarding youthfulness is in my humble opinion, the seeking of your passion, and then living it to the fullest, regardless of your age.

Charlene Rashkow brings 15 years of experience as a Writing Stylist/Consultant to her creative efforts as a freelance writer/consultant. She has successfully helped countless companies and individuals reach their objectives by writing outstanding press releases, web site content, bios, articles of interest, business plans, resumes, and all other forms of marketing material. You may contact Charlene Rashkow at http://www.allyourwritingneeds.com or write her at info@allyourwritingneeds.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment